November 1, 2013

5 for Friday: Budapest

Another Friday posting, this week features Budapest. I went here in August 2012 while couch-surfing my way through central Europe. The city was amazing, which is saying something, because I don't prefer cities usually. Maybe its the whole first time in Europe wave of appreciation of buildings and architecture or maybe its the drastic difference I saw from my life in Korea to the city. It overwhelmed me, and I loved it. 



I took a free walking tour, which is popular in Europe. The guides volunteer and hope to make a profit by tips and donations. It was great, because everyone could pay what they found a fair price. I highly recommend looking for a free tour when traveling, oftentimes they are even better than the paid tours!



The Parliament Building at night


Clearly I like bridges best. 

I don't know if I will head back to Europe anytime soon, but if I do, it will be to Eastern Europe! 

No comments:

Post a Comment